Skip to main content

Easy 'Cheesy' Mac and Cheese

So....I love mac and cheese. Trying to eat vegan makes it a little hard ;)  I was making dinner tonight and I thought of our friend Rudy. He bought the same noodles as us but he was hesitant to make them because they are in water and on the package it says my have odor. It's true they smell but not that bad. The are healthy and guilt free. It's like 3 carbs preserving. So good. That's a whole other post....rinse the noodles under cold water then boil the noodles at least for 3 to 4 minutes. 
I usually boil them until I'm ready for them.  

 
I've bought nutritional yeast because reading about it people talk about how it has a nutty savory flavor. I first tried it w popcorn and it was good. This is the recipe I followed:
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup  flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon dried yellow mustard powder
1 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons butter (I know not vegan but it's all I had) 
 

Whisk dry ingredients w water until clumps are gone then put in sauce pan on med heat. I kept whisking till it thickened up. I added black peper. 

Drain your noodles and then add sauce. I only used half the sauce for the amount of noodles I had. I didnt want my mac and cheese too runny. 

I asked Pokey what I can add to make it more "adult" he said bacon...umm negative...
It doesn't really taste like mac and cheese but it does have a nice nutty flavor. It's good. I saw a recipe for mac and cheese casserole style so I'll try that soon. Enjoy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avocado.

If I cut an avocado will you eat the other half? Pokey What are you...brand new? Me I'm in LOVE w avocado. For dinner I had left over veggies from Monday I stuffed them in my avocado w red pepper hummus. Dinner was great.  We need to go grocery shopping. We only had 3 slices of bread. I asked Pokey if I could use all 3. He was like sure go ahead. So I did!!!  Yup. That's a club lol. Hummus, tomato, avocado,spinach, bread then I repeated it all over again.  Isn't that beautiful!  I love it.  I didn't plan on eating sweet potato tots. It just happened lol. Lunch was amazing. 

Sweet Potato Curry Hash

Simple meal for a Sunday night  3 small sweet potatoes  1 small onion  1 container of mushrooms 1 bell pepper 1tbs of red pepper flakes  1/2c veggie broth Cut everything cup. Throw in a pan. I use a nonstick pan so I don't have to use oil :) brown the onion and bell peppers first then throw in the rest of the veggies. Sauté everything with the curry power. Add the veggie broth then simmer till the sweet potato is tender. Enjoy!! 

Berry Smoothie

I haven't been eating "dinner" it's more like smoothies. I'm lazy and tired at the moment and the easiest thing for me to do is make a smoothie. No judging.  His and Hers Smoothie: blackberry, strawberry, blueberry and chia seeds w almond milk. All the berries were frozen. I didn't measure. I just eyeballed it. I made enough for 2 16oz glass jars.