Skip to main content

Jackfruit "beef" Stew

 SATURDAY WITH MY PARENTS!

Pokey went fishing and I went grocery shopping. I love to hang out with my family. I love them with my entire heart. I called my mom and asked her if she wanted to join me while I picked up a few things from the store. Of course, she said yes. When I get to my parents she says my dad wants tacos from Cristobal. I'm down because they really have great tacos.

I got beans and nopales (cactus)


Look how cute my parents are. 43 years in February. 


I love that they show love to each other. 


We ended up going to HEB and I didn't grab much but I got some acorn squash and some okra.



 It was a cold Saturday and I know him being on the water plus the wind I know he would appreciate a warm meal when he came home. My mom in law bought us a Ninja Foodi and I have been intimidated by it for almost a year. This is probably the 4th time I have used it. I had one of those meal cheaters, it was beef stew one where you add meat and some veggies. 


I added the jackfruit with onions, carrots, and potatoes and set it for 4 hours. It was easy enough and I started to binge-watch Bridgerton on Netflix. 


I steamed some white rice and poured my stew ontop. This was delish and I'm pretty sure I will do this again. I need to use this Ninja Foodi more often. 


I love jackfruit and I can not wait until I make something else. Once it was done cooking I shredded it in a bowl and then added it back so it can keep warm. If you are like me you will love to make this because it is so easy! I'm always down to throw something in a slow cooker and let it cook itself and not have to worry about it too much. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avocado.

If I cut an avocado will you eat the other half? Pokey What are you...brand new? Me I'm in LOVE w avocado. For dinner I had left over veggies from Monday I stuffed them in my avocado w red pepper hummus. Dinner was great.  We need to go grocery shopping. We only had 3 slices of bread. I asked Pokey if I could use all 3. He was like sure go ahead. So I did!!!  Yup. That's a club lol. Hummus, tomato, avocado,spinach, bread then I repeated it all over again.  Isn't that beautiful!  I love it.  I didn't plan on eating sweet potato tots. It just happened lol. Lunch was amazing. 

Meatless Mondays: roast everythang

Throwing something in the oven is a no brainer to me. It's easy and so good. For lunch I roasted Brussels sprouts.  Dinner was great too. Roasted broccoli, corn and zucchini. 

Sweet Potato Curry Hash

Simple meal for a Sunday night  3 small sweet potatoes  1 small onion  1 container of mushrooms 1 bell pepper 1tbs of red pepper flakes  1/2c veggie broth Cut everything cup. Throw in a pan. I use a nonstick pan so I don't have to use oil :) brown the onion and bell peppers first then throw in the rest of the veggies. Sauté everything with the curry power. Add the veggie broth then simmer till the sweet potato is tender. Enjoy!!